Be seduced by the Empordanet.
Where your heart will stay even after you’re gone
2 days and a half / 2 nights
Day 1 – Monells, Baix Empordà. A nativity- like scene.
- 2 night hotel accommodation in Baix Empordà, at a charming rural hotel built on a 14th C country house.
Afternoon: Arrival to the Empordà and check in at the hotel. After that, time to stroll along a nice rural way to the lovely village of Monells. Back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.
Night: Dinner at a 1-Michellin-starred restaurant in La Bisbal. You will savor a tasting menu and wine-pairing. Even if you travel with your own car, you will be driven to and from the restaurant on a private car (so that you can enjoy the meal and drink without having to worry about anything).
Day 2- Madremanya, La Pera, Púbol, Foixà, Rupià and Ullastret. Stones with identity.
Morning: Visit these captivating villages and stop at some selected places to discover a splendorous medieval past. Private guided tour to the Castle Museum Gala-Dalí, a medieval building in which Salvador Dalí brought to reality an astounding creative effort dedicated to his special person, Gala.
Lunch: Free time for lunch in Ullastret.
Afternoon: Visit the Iberian village of Ullastret, an important archeological site dating from the 7th C B.C. and which is located on the hill of Sant Andreu –the street disposition adapted to the shape of the hill can still be appreciated.
Evening: Private guided tour to Peratallada. With the help of an expert, you will be imbued with the authenticity and antiquity of this village. To end this medieval day, you will enjoy a tasting of Catalan cuisine surrounded by the stones of the Cellar-Museum of Wine, a restaurant in the village.
Day 3 – Auteur routes. Josep Pla.
- -Route “El Rerepaís“: Visit Pals, walk to the Josep Pla lookout, from where you can see the Montgrí hill and the Illes Medes (Medes Islands). Plà used to take his guests to this viewpoint to show them the best views of Empordà.
- -Route “La Llibertat“: From Tamariu to the lighthouse of Sant Sebastià, delight with the views of beautiful beaches and contemplate the immensity of the sea from several lookouts.
- -Route “Aigua de Mar“: Walk along the exquisite surroundings of Calella de Palafrugell and its parapet walk.
Lunch: Have lunch in front of the beautiful beach of Calella de Palafrugell. Rice or fish are the specialties of the area.
Afternoon: Stroll and relax in the beautiful gardens of Jardins de Cap Roig, a unique and magical place. Nature, history, culture and art unite in this 17 hectare spot, which compiles more than a thousand botanical species from all over the world, as well as sculptures by renowned national and international artists.
End of the trip!
- Pick up at the airport on arrival.
- Private car driver transfer to the hotel, which will drive you around during the whole tour (optional).
- Welcome drink and presentation of the TOC Tour.
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast included at the selected hotel.
- Departure transfer (optional).